Out of the recent announcements made by Nokia on mobile phones in the offing, Nokia X2 (expected to be available by June 2010) and Nokia N8 (To be released in the last quarter of 2010) would be the phones to watch out. Nokia X2 is expected to be priced around 5K range and Nokia N8 in the range of 22K - 26K, lets take a look on why these phones could be important to both consumers and Nokia in the Indian market.
Nokia X2 has a major USP of having a 5 Megapixel camera, and if it does stay close to the 5K range, Nokia will surely have a winner on hand, since the other features of the handset are not revolutionary to be spoken about, current specs as available from the Nokia website are:
- 2.2 inch QVGA display
- Dedicated music keys
- Dual speakers, FM Radio
- Bluetooth 2.1
- 3.5mm headset jack
- Nokia Messaging
- Facebook integration and MicroSD card support
- S40 Operating System
The Other phone we are looking at is N8, which can be a potential breakthrough product for Nokia if they get the pricing right for India, lot to write about the phone,
- Nokia ^3 OS, a positive move away from current Symbian OS series, which is getting buggier by the day, further messed up with frequent firmware upgrades that Nokia Symbian phones have to go through.
- 12 Megapixel Camera, with Xenon flash, could be a big plus if delivers
- Dolby Digital Plus, audiophiles like me would be eager to experience the quality of sound it can deliver
- Just 12.9 mm thin with a spaced out 3.5 inch AMOLED display.
- Multiple, personalized home screens.
- Additional graphic processor in the handset would make gaming more fun, takes away the load from handset processor.
- HD video recording.